Freediving is freedom.
A scuba diver relies on compressed air and equipment to enjoy the aquatic life Koh Chang has to offer where as a freediver relies on a single breath of air to explore the undersea world. Moving gracefully without wasting energy, a freediver can spend upto 7 minutes underwater and experience the ocean as all other marine life does. Free from tanks and BCD's, a freediver can sneak up on a leapard shark, or fin to the bottom for a meeting with a blue spotted ray or check out the coral.
The key to freediving is learning how to relax underwater. Recreational freediving runs the spectrum from snorkeling in shallow water, to making deep dives to see things beyond the range of recreational scuba diving. However, the motivations and activities for recreational freediving are much the same as for recreational scuba. The disadvantage, of course, is that your time on the bottom is limited. There are several advantages, however, to exploring the underwater world without tanks:
- Less equipment means you can get the to dive in any location so you don't need a boat.
- No bubbles which means the fish are more inquisitive
- No noise which enables the diver to hear fish and other sounds
- Movement in the water is effortless due to reduced drag
- You will visit another dimension where you can move around freely and become one with the sea and become great at spearfishing which is a fantastic sport when practised away from divesites and swimmers.
As normal Scuba koh chang has everything available for your freediving needs. Ranges from Picasso, Mares, Technisb and Cressi Sub are already available for masks, fins and wetsuits.We also have some special treats are coming soon. Watch this space for further information.