There are plenty of different reasons why students sign up for the PADI Advanced Open Water course.
Some feel that they want to gain more experience from Scuba Zone's PADI instructors and undertake underwater tasks, to see different creatures or experience new adventures.
Some dive centres insist that PADI Open Water divers are supervised and this can cut down your dive time due to the buddy system, however as an PADI Advanced Open Water diver your qualification adds more credibility so you will dive with people to the same ability.
However, the largest incentive to complete the PADI Advanced Open Water course is the fact that you will be trained to dive to 30 metres as opposed to 18 metres for Open Water divers.
It is widely recognised that there are greater attractions, such as wrecks and sea-life at these depths.
Take the PADI Advanced Open Water course to open up even more exciting sights of Koh Changs national marine park and see the awesome barracuda and giant trevelly that are down there waiting for you!
PADI Open Water diver (or equivalent certification from another training agency). Minimum age is 12 and 12 to 15 year olds will be issued with Junior certification. All students must fill in a PADI medical questionnaire prior to participation. Two passport sized photographs required before course completion if it's your first course with Scuba Zone.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Course Outline
This course is very much ‘diving, diving, diving as you learn more about diving by diving! Unlike the PADI Openwater course there are no exams just 2-3 days of pure diving. There are the knowledge reviews to complete before every dive but these can be done in your own time. You will conduct two core dives – ‘Underwater Navigation’ and ‘Deep’ plus a choice of three of the following dives plus get a free fundive with Scuba Zone.
- Search and Recovery
- AWARE Fish Identification
- Diver Propulsion Vehicle
- Multilevel and Computer
- Dry Suit
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
Scuba Zone wants you to have fun in safety, as that is what learning to dive is all about. You will meet many new friends at Scuba Zone on Koh Chang and all around the world where ever you decide to take a holiday and dive. You have been warned diving is addictive, once you have seen the other world you will never look back!! You will achieve the following....
- • You’ll learn to navigate yourself around dive sites, through the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course .
• You’ll learn to fine-tune your buoyancy to hover easily as you perform the required safety stop after your deep dives.
• You’ll learn how to observe your surroundings in order to get the best experience from each dive. You’ll improve your navigation skills and ability to find your way around underwater by using a compass
- Learn many new skills such as underwater photography from Jon the Pro
- Open up a whole new world of night diving.
- See all the wonderful corals and aquatic life Koh Chang has to offer.
- Make lots of new freinds along the way.
To start your adventure, complete our Contact Form and reserve a course today
Alternatively please call (+66) 0800 947 111 or 0800 947 222 for a chat with a Scuba Zone PADI instructor.